Pecan oil is pressed oil extracted from the pecan nut. Its primary use is culinary, and it offers a host of benefits. This expeller-pressed, pure Pecan Oil is hand-bottled in a beautiful 8.5 oz glass bottle, allowing the golden hue of the oil to shine through. The bottle comes with a convenient internal pouring spout for easy control.
Pecan oil has a somewhat neutral flavor with a hint of buttery nuttiness. It has a smoke point of 470F, so it is a safe oil to use for any type of cooking whether you are grilling, searing, braising, sautéing, deep frying or stir frying. It can also be used as a butter substitute, even in baking, due to the lower fat content. (You may need to adjust your recipe when using pecan oil instead of butter or other fats. For most dishes, you only need half the amount of pecan oil compared to butter or other oil.)
It’s also great right out of the bottle in dressings, dips, sauces and many other great recipes. Dressings, dips and sauces made with pecan oil are not only more nutritious, they also deliver the full flavor of the nutty oil.
Benefits of Pecan Oil
Just like the amazingly nutritious nut from which it is pressed, pecan oil provides a variety of health benefits with amazing flavor. Pecan oil:
- contains a high amount of good fats or HDL and very low amount of LDL.
- has over 90% of unsaturated fats (50% mono and 40% poly).
- has a sufficient amount of Omega-9 fats.
- overall fat content is much lower than that of olive oil, peanut oil, corn oil, and butter.
- Is rich in vitamin E, which has amazing anti-inflammatory properties. These benefits can help alleviate or prevent degenerative diseases.
It's easy to see why people are raving about pecan oil. All of the nutritional factors of pecan oil combine to form the most heart-healthy oil available, while maintaining the flavor, color, and quality that you demand.